27 April 2008

Flipping for the Flops and Running for the Son






Motorcycles, Jesus, soaps and flip flops. It'd seem that in no way, form or fashion, these would never go together. Yet, they have and they'll continue to do so for the next few days.


These flip flops are my newest soap creations, and they're selling faster and better than even I had imagined (and I'm very positive about my products). In fact, I sold 24 of these soaps in 21 days!!! One of my soaper friends, as I was sharing my excitement over these soaps' popularity, said, "You could say people are flipping over your flops." That they are. Two of them are scented with custom scent blends (the purple and blue flowered ones) and the third (pink flower) is scented with a delightful Victoria's Secret (type) scent - Sexy Little Things.


OK, so I've tied in flip flops and soap, but how about motorcycles and Jesus, and what in the world do they have to do with the first two? My dad's in a Christian motorcyle group (Christian Motorcyclists' Association - http://www.cmausa.org/), and this coming Saturday, 3 May, is their annual Run for the Son, an event to help raise money that will enable Christian bikers all over the world to share the love of God with people.


My dad has bought a few of these soaps to give to his home health patients and colleagues, and I decided, since he's been supporting my business in this way, both in buying soaps and spreading my business name to people outside my immediate selling area, that I'd support this ministry that is so near and dear to his heart. I've decided to give a generous portion from the sales of these soaps to sponsor him in Run for the Son. So far, my friends, family and customers have helped raise nearly $100.00, just in the past 3 weeks since these soaps debuted. The sale of just two more soaps will get us over the $100.00 mark. Think we can do it? I do!


Each soap costs $6.00 (plus tax for fellow North Carolinians) and weighs a hefty 5 3/4 ounces. To give you a basis of comparison, a standard store-bought "bath bar" (which isn't actually soap at all) weighs about 3 1/2 ounces. My soaps are handcrafted in small batches, using only the finest glycerin bases available. So, if you feel compelled to actually use them, then know you'll be bathing with a delightfully moisturizing bar of "real soap," as one of my customers calls them.


My website - http://www.sarassoapsnsuch.com/ - is one payment module bug away from being completely ready to go. However, feel free to browse it, and if you'd like to order the flip flops or any other products you see, you can pay through Paypal at orders@sarassoapsnsuch.com.

No comments: