11 February 2009

No More Paypal!!!

It came about because of a Tweet a soapmaking friend posted to Twitter, then it snowballed from there. I received some information about a credit card processing company that provides a virtual terminal that will enable me to accept credit cards at markets, shows and on my website. Well, I already could accept credit cards on my website, but they had to go through Paypal. For a while, I've had the sense that some of my customers would rather wait more than two weeks for a check to arrive to me in the mail and clear the bank before they ever received their purchases, as opposed to enjoying the relative speed of paying with a credit card through Paypal.

I've been thinking for several months about setting myself up to accept credit cards at shows and markets. After all, it's easier for some people - particularly at First Sunday - to pay by CC than to find an ATM. I'm always being asked if I take credit cards, and now my answer can be a resounding "YES!" I'm excited about this, because it will make life easier for my customers and give them a greater level of confidence when buying from me online.

3 comments:

2 Virgos Designs said...

ok, what is the name of the credit card processing service, I'd like to check them out too!

Sara's Soaps 'n Such said...

It's through Central Payment Corporation, a California-based company. So far, it's been a great experience, though my first Market trial won't be for another couple of weeks. I'll email you my rep's contact info. She's fabulous!

2 Virgos Designs said...

thank you Sara!