06 August 2012

One Super Hero Among Many

Title sequence from show opening; containing f...
Title sequence from show opening; containing from left to right, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Flash and Hawkgirl. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I get called many things - Mommy, sweetheart, CEO, Sexy Soap Goddess and a myriad of other names (most of them nice).  A lot of times, my friends call me "Wonder Woman."  I guess it'd probably fit, but I don't have the bullet-repelling bracelets or the great boots.  CEO, Mom, Teacher and Home Manager are some of my titles, which I guess does make me Wonder Woman.

I've learned something through these years of being something like Wonder Woman.  Wonder Woman flies solo for the most part, as do Superman, Flash Gordon, Green Lantern and Spiderman.  Truthfully, Batman is my favorite super hero, because he doesn't have to rely on external powers, but he does have Alfred, Robin and Batgirl.  Eventually, all these super heroes banded together and became the Justice League, so suddenly, instead of a bunch of great super heroes with their own individual powers fighting to save the world (or "Truth, Justice and the American Way"), you have a very strong group of super heroes who each have their own strengths and weaknesses but who work together to be even more formidable to the forces of evil.

With all that I have going on in my life and all the roles I have, this Wonder Woman needs her Justice League to back her up, and I want to give a shout out to them.  First, there's Superman (my husband), able to work 40 hours a week and come home to demanding daughters and an exhausted wife, juggling them all with aplomb.  Then there's my friend Bobby, who's Batman, a great team player and who intuitively knows what I need when I need it, usually in the form of the question, "What can I do to help you take care of this now?"  He keeps me in the present, which alleviates some of the sense of "overwhelmed" I often feel.  Last but not least are my sister Amazons, a group of incredible ladies with whom I've bonded online - Denise, Ginger, Stephanie, Elizabeth, Babs, Renee, Tammy, Lucy, Merilee, Sindy, Marj and Petra, in addition to Melissa and my rockin' business mentor Donna Maria.  These are the people I go to who understand all that goes into being Mompreneurs and how hard it is to balance the demands of work and family.  These are the people who have my back, who'll come to the rescue when I'm tied up with super villain red tape and who'll intercede when there's the fear that I could release my super temper on some unsuspecting soul.

With which super hero do you most closely identify?  Who in your life makes up your Justice League?
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Ginger said...

What a fun thank you! Thank you for including me in your Justice League, albeit I'm far from a significant super-hero. The way I see it, some days I'm The Incredible Hulk ("Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.", some days I'm ElastaGirl (from Disney Pixar's The Incredibles) being pulled in different directions and stretched all outta shape, into whatever form I need to be and some days I'm the sidekick that no one knows or remembers. LOL....That's fine by me! Wonder Woman!

Sara's Soaps 'n Such said...

Ginger, most super heroes have the attitude of *shrug* "All in a day's work." That's what makes you a super hero. I laughed at your parallels with the Hulk and could totally get the ElastaGirl allusion. I hadn't even thought of her. Then there are the days I'm Edna (from The Incredibles): "Dahling, just put this on. I promise you'll look mahvelous," especially with two girls.