13 April 2011

Spring Preview

About two weeks ago, as I was preparing for that big show at Camp Lejeune, my daughter walks up to me where I was wrapping soaps and says, "Mommy, I want to add a lip balm to my line, and I want to name it this, flavor it that and package it like this."  Once I picked my jaw up off the ground - I was very impressed by her well thought-out presentation - I said, "Sounds like a great product!  Let's see what we can find."

After several discussions, she decided to extend it to a set that would include products that would be scented to complement the lip balm.  Last Friday evening over dinner, we hammered out some of the details about the specific products.  Saturday over lunch, we browsed online for the packaging elements.  I placed the orders Saturday afternoon and most of them arrived today.  My goal is to present these beautiful creations at Bee Fest in Kinston this Saturday.

Since the timing was so tight, we decided to go ahead and make up our bases on Sunday.  That'd save us some steps and a lot of time once the fragrances and containers showed up.

These are the bases we created. The top one is lip balm base, a luxuriously silky, nourishing treat made with beeswax from North Carolina bees and premium oils. The second base is homemade castille soap base. This soap is fabulous! It has a nice fluffy lather and leaves skin so silky smooth.  Finally, the white base is our homemade aloe vera lotion base.  This lotion is the best treat for your skin after being out in the sun all day.

Sooo...  What are we doing with these bases?  Well, that, my dears, is a big ol' wait and see.  We should be ready for the big reveal by week's end.  Yeah, we're really stoked about these incredible products and just know you'll love them, too!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: